Skip to main content


Sayward Raglan

This is the Sayward Raglan t-shirt. Pattern from Thread Theory.

This was a gift for my brother in law's 60 years birthday.

Fabric is cotton jersey.

Self designed "logo" with his initials, birth year and zodiac sign,  made of black heat transfer vinyl.

Happy 60 years birthday ÅP!  🎈🎂 🍾 🇳🇴
Luckily the t-shirt fit well, and I think it looks really good on him 😊

Beautiful sunny November Sunday 🌞

Dress Cardigan / Kjolecardigan

Kjolecardigan / Dress Cardigan.  Pattern from Ida Victoria, Sting & Ting.

This is a great pattern for a short cardigan to wear over a dress. The pattern includes optional sleeves and closure. This is the 3/4 long sleeves with tie closure.

Fabric is jersey from 50/50 cotton/polyester.

The dress underneath is a sleeveless (and collarless)  Rosa Shirt Dress. Pattern from Tilly and the Buttons. Blog post about it here

The winter is coming shortly here in Norway, so the make of this now is a bit "off season"...  Looking forward wearing the cardigan and this outfit next summer 🌞

Annika Top #2

I´ve made a second Annika Top. Pattern from Style Arc

The first one I made was a gift for my sister.  Read the blog post about it here.

The off-white fabric is viscose jersey and the petrol fabric is a light crepe georgette,  both from Stoff & Stil here in Oslo.

This one I will keep for myself 😊

It's hard to take decent pictures nowadays,  due to the poor light conditions even if it's midday. The petrol fabric is much prettier than it looks like here.

Beautiful sunny day in the mountains, a couple weeks ago. Dørfallet, Venabygdsfjellet.

Skirt (Solsikkeskjørtet) + Top (Kirsten Kimono Tee)

Earlier this month I participated in a sewing challenge hosted by Trinel Syskole & Design. We got the pattern for the skirt (Solsikkeskjørtet) for free, and 5 daily e-mails with instructions for how to sew this beginner friendly skirt.

The fabric has been in my stash for several years. It was a remnant from Stoff  Stil here in Oslo.  It is (surprisingly!) made of 100% polyester....  I always though it was viscose or something.
But it drapes well and looks good!

Only one piece was needed for the skirt + waistband including elastics.
My "made by amborg" label must off course be sewn on.
Afterwards I had enough fabric left to make a top to go with the skirt. The Kirsten Kimono Tee from MariaDenmark.

This is a great pattern for a simple top. 

Suddenly I had a "dress"! 😄

This is actually not my favorite kind of fabric with all the "shiny pattern/ surface",  but it's fun to try something unusual sometimes.  I think it could work well as a Christmas or…

The Essential Pouch

I've made a new zippered pouch ✂️

Pattern from Sotak Patterns. Fabrics from my stash 😄 (Blue cotton chambray from Stoff & Stil, flower cotton fabric from Dear Stella Design

This is the Extra Large size.

My own "made by amborg" label and HANDMADE bamboo tag from ArrowMountain.
This is a great pattern with good instructions! And it includes four size options 👌.

Varda Top #3

I LOVE the Varda pattern from Christine Haynes  💕. 
This is my third Varda Top!

Fabric is a black linen blend from Stoff & Stil. As the previous two ones  - this is view C, top length version with elbow-length sleeves. (The top is lengthened with a few inches.)

I omitted the invisible zipper as I easily can put it on without.

I sewed on my pink "made by amborg" tag on the bottom left side (as I often do).

I use my "in the ditch foot" and move the needle a few steps to the right,  to sew perfectly close on the hems. 

The Varda pattern is such a great pattern - I get nice compliments when I wear my Varda Tops!


Susie panties and matching tank tops

I've made cute panties and tank top set for my niece 😊.

Panties pattern is Susie panties from SUCO by Susana

The tank top pattern is a free pattern from Life Sew Savory

Fabric is scraps from earlier sewing projects. White fold over elastics (FOE) is used on both panties and tank tops.
The fairy one is size 3 years . The flower one is size 4 years.
Both patterns has great instructions and were fun to sew from.  I can recommend them both 👌.

The little girl that received them was so happy that she wore the tank top on top of her sweater the very first day 😄 💕


Jeg deltok i Rutermani konkurransen på i juni,  og var så heldig å bli trukket ut som en av 15 andre som vant hvert sitt stoff.

Dette nydelig grønne rutete stoffet i Egyptisk bomull var mitt førsteønske,  og gleden var derfor stor når jeg fikk vite at det var akkurat dette jeg vant.
Utfordringen vi fikk var å sy noe annet enn skjorte av stoffene.
Jeg fant fort ut at dette stoffet måtte bli til et midiskjørt med knappelukking foran. Mønsteret jeg tok utgangspunkt i var Clemence Skirt fra Tilly and the Buttons bok «Love at first stitch»

Endringene jeg gjorde var å droppe usynlig glidelås bak og lage knappestolper foran istedenfor. Jeg la også til lommer i sidesømmene, og sydde på beltestropper på linningen.

Fotografering i vakre Frognerparken en nydelig sensommerdag 🌞
Jeg ble veldig fornøyd med skjørtet og gleder meg stort til neste sommer så jeg får brukt det igjen!
Og så sydde jeg på knappene med symaskinen for aller første gang! Det har jeg aldri turt (eller satt meg…