Skirt (Solsikkeskjørtet) + Top (Kirsten Kimono Tee)

Earlier this month I participated in a sewing challenge hosted by Trinel Syskole & Design.
We got the pattern for the skirt (Solsikkeskjørtet) for free, and 5 daily e-mails with instructions for how to sew this beginner friendly skirt.



The fabric has been in my stash for several years. It was a remnant from Stoff  Stil here in Oslo. 
It is (surprisingly!) made of 100% polyester.... 
I always though it was viscose or something.

But it drapes well and looks good!


Only one piece was needed for the skirt + waistband including elastics.

My "made by amborg" label must off course be sewn on.

Afterwards I had enough fabric left to make a top to go with the skirt.
The Kirsten Kimono Tee from MariaDenmark.


This is a great pattern for a simple top. 


Suddenly I had a "dress"! 😄


This is actually not my favorite kind of fabric with all the "shiny pattern/ surface", 
but it's fun to try something unusual sometimes. 
I think it could work well as a Christmas or a New Year's dress.


Thank you Trine for the free pattern and for hosting this sewing challenge 🤗
It was fun participating and to see all the others participants skirts.

And thank you MariaDenmark for the free and ever so versatile pattern Kirsten Kimono Tee 👌


An absolutely beautiful autumn day here in Oslo today 🌞







Comments

Popular Posts