Redesign: Dress from old tablecloth.

I participated in a really nice sewing course, a month ago. 
It was the talented Ingrid Bergtun who held the course (and who is the designer of this dress).


We made dresses from old tablecloths.


The course was held at Clarion Hotel the Hub in Oslo.


I chose a rather small tablecloth with beautiful embroidered flowers.


The colors in the embroidery really appealed to me.


I cut away the lace trimming and layed out the pattern pieces 
(that we drafted out of a little to big t-shirt) to get the most out of the fabric.


I made a tie belt from a perfect green bedsheet, and the ruffle at the bottom is from a fabric in my stash (because it was not enough fabric from the tablecloth for this).


I'm so happy with the result!



Pictures are taken at the university (Blindern) nearby where I live.


I even got time to make a small tote bag of the last piece of embroidery 
(kind of looks like a butterfly).


Thank you so much for the inspiration and a great sewing course Ingrid ✂️😊

You got me out of my comfort zone with this course, 
as I always use a "proper" pattern for my sewing projects!
Now I learned that it is not so scary to draft my own pattern, 
and how to get the best use out of for instance a tablecloth.

💕








Comments

Popular Posts